This course is based on the Orthodox Church’s faith and offers leadership training for those who work in a Scout group or other kind of youth group and who would like to take on more responsibility for the leadership and management of such a group. We offer theoretical and practical training where participants will acquire the skills and knowledge needed to help run and lead a youth project. They will also learn how to become trusted and responsible Christian instructors. Participants are encouraged to relate their role as youth leaders to the role that youth groups play in wider civic society.
- Develop an understanding of leadership, projects and conflict management.
- Together with others, reflect on one’s own approach to leadership in the voluntary sector.
- Describe and combine various leadership tools and resources to collaborate with others and lead a team.
- Describe and use tools and resources to plan and implement scout programs and projects
- Demonstrate the skills required to plan and carry out an entire outdoor camp