The Church is not merely an idea but, rather, a common life which requires order. This course will introduce participants to the organizational structures of the Church. In addition to an introduction to church (canon) law, participants learn skills in communication, administration and financial management. Furthermore, participants will develop an understanding of leadership as well as the competencies required to meet the responsibilities and challenges of different leadership roles within the organization of the Church.
- Describe the basic canons of the Church
- Describe the Church’s organizational structure
- Explain communication and administration in the Church
- Be able to carry out accounting and generate financial statements.
- Navigate the Church’s governance structures and the life of the church
- Develop one’s leadership skills and relate practical administrative skills to one’s leadership role
- Develop a personal and corporate consciousness of, and respect for, administrative work as an essential service for the Church