At the moment the Corona virus is causing a great deal of uncertainty and worry for many people in Sweden and indeed throughout the world. We are reviewing the situation on a daily basis and will make decisions on the basis of the facts and the recommendations from the authorities.
The number of people infected by the corona virus has started to increase again and therefore the following Corona policy has been issued and is in effect immediately.
- The Office will remain closed until May 31st.
- Academic courses will remain online until August 2nd.
- Teaching for the folkhögskola and seminary programs and courses will remain online during spring. This applies to the General Education Program too.
- All meetings should be held online.
- Seminaries. Only those residing in the seminaries are allowed to stay there. No visitors are allowed. This is due to the recommendation that we should all minimize the contact we have with people outside our household.
If anyone in the seminaries has cold or flu symptoms, they should self-isolate within their seminaries, and immediately book a time for corona testing.
If anyone in one of the seminaries tests positive, the whole seminary must self-isolate for 7 days, which means that no member of that seminary should have physical contact with anyone outside of the seminary. After five days the seminarians should take a corona test, even if they have no symptoms. Any student or teacher who tests positive for Covid must inform the rector of their seminary, who in turn, should inform the Dean. Anyone who does not follow this rule will be banned from further studies in the school.
- Other students and staff. If you have cold or flu symptoms, please stay home and get tested for Covid 19. If you have the virus, notify your line-manager immediately. In that case you must stay home for at least 7 days from the day you noticed the first symptoms and you must have two fever-free days before returning to work.
- If you live with somebody who has Covid 19, follow the instructions from the Public Health Authority. You should normally self-isolate for 7 days and on the fifth day take a corona test.
- Wash your hands often, with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds. Use hand sanitizer.
- Cough in the bend of your arm. Avoid touching your face.
- Keep a safe distance (1.5 – 2 m). Don’t stand and talk in the hallways if you cannot keep a safe distance.
- No work-related travel outside of Sweden is permitted.
See the following links for more detailed and updated information: