At the moment the Corona virus is causing a great deal of uncertainty and worry for many people in Sweden and indeed throughout the world. We are reviewing the situation on a daily basis and will make decisions on the basis of the facts and the recommendations from the authorities.
The measures taken by the municipality in Södertälje have been effective, but the numbers of people infected are still high. Therefore we have decided that all teaching will continue to be conducted online from until further notice. All staff and students must, if possible, work from home. The seminaries have been quarantined from Wednesday, December 9th until January 18th.The seminary quarantine terminates on the afternoon of January 18th. Nevertheless visitors are still prohibited from visiting or staying in the seminaries, until further notice.
The following regulations will also remain in place:
- The Office will remain closed.
- Meetings should be held online.
- All teaching will be conducted online.
Seminaries. The quarantine will be lifted from the afternoon of January 18th but until further notice no visitors are allowed to visit or to stay in the seminaries.
If anyone in the seminaries has cold or flu symptoms, they should self-isolate within their seminaries, and after forty-eight hours they should take a Corona test. If anyone in one of the seminaries tests positive, the whole seminary must be quarantined for at least 7 days, with no physical contact with anyone outside of the seminary. Any student or teacher who tests positive for Covid must inform the rector of their seminary, who in turn, should inform the Dean. Anyone who does not follow this rule will be banned from further studies in the school.
- Other students and staff. If you have cold or flu symptoms, please stay home and get tested for Covid 19. If you have the virus, notify your line-manager immediately. In that case you must stay home for at least 7 days from the day you noticed the first symptoms and you must have two fever-free days before returning to work.
- If you live with somebody who has Covid 19, follow the instructions from the Public Health Authority. Normally you should stay home for 7 days to see if you develop any symptoms, and on the fifth day you should take a test for Covid 19.
- Wash your hands often, with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds. Use hand sanitizer.
- Cough in the bend of your arm. Avoid touching your face.
- Keep a safe distance (1.5 – 2 m). Don’t stand and talk in the hallways if you cannot keep a safe distance.
- No work-related travel outside of Sweden is permitted.
See the following link for more detailed and updated information.